The Australian job market stands out as a unique landscape where opportunities unfold against the backdrop of diverse industries and a thriving economy. As individuals embark on their professional journeys, they are confronted with the crucial decision of choosing between the traditional stability of a full-time job and the flexibility and autonomy that come with freelancing.
Australia, with its cosmopolitan cities, innovative business culture, and a commitment to work-life balance, offers a rich tapestry of opportunities for both freelancers and those seeking the security of a full-time position. This article aims to unravel the intricacies of these two distinct employment paths, providing insights into the advantages, challenges, requirements and evolving trends that define the Australian work experience.
Published : 29/11/2023.
About Urban Xtreme (UX)
UX is a community owned, family operated business, running for over 4 years and is Australia’s largest Indoor Adventure Sports Park.
We are passionate about providing a WOW customer experience and our goal is to inspire people to find the fun in fitness through adventure sports providing a community hub where people can train and be entertained in a safe, fun and supportive environment.
We are a fast-paced company where no two days are the same. We believe that culture and WOW customer service is our best competitive advantage and look for people that align with our core values.
We are looking for an experienced and professional Venue Manager who is passionate about running an amazing business and leading a customer-focused values-driven team and who will play a critical role in the continued success and growth of UX.
About the role:
The Venue Manager is responsible managing and leading a team of 100 part-time, casual and full-time staff to deliver excellence in customer service.
Reporting directly to the General Manager will be responsible for driving business growth and managing operations of this multimillion-dollar business on a day-to-day basis. Using a range of operating formulas to deliver against a range of financial and non-financial KPIs.
What you will be doing:
You will assist in developing and executing the strategic vision for the UX brand and setting day to day operational expectations. Using use a firm, fair leadership and management approach to lead your team whist continuing to build an amazing, collaborative and inclusive culture. You will recruit, develop, mentor, support and inspire your team and hold them to account on delivering UX specific financial and non-financial KPI’s.
You will strive for operational excellence by using your knowledge to identify areas for improvement and implement effective strategies to maximize business potential.
You will be responsible for following and executing standard operating procedures and managing operations, including but not limited to P&L reporting, budgeting, rostering, training, recruitment, HR, COGs, and labour.
- Excellent experience in leading teams and managing young staff, particularly leading young people aged 16-23;
- 3+ years in people management in a mid-sized to large business;
- A firm, fair leadership style with ability to hold people accountable;
- Strong organisational and time management skills with high level ability manage conflicting priorities;
- A passion to strive for excellence in customer experience, with the ability to coach, mentor, develop and up-skill your team;
- A strong financial and commercial acumen with a proven ability to control costs and meet budgets and KPI’s specifically in relation to sales, customer experience, labour management and safety;
- The flexibility to work a non-traditional schedule – an ability to work evenings and weekends. That’s where all the fun is!
- The willingness to jump in to support your team and perform a variety of operational duties to ensure the smooth operation of a diverse venue;
- A proven track record in a customer-focused, leadership role in a similar environment to UX;
- A hands-on customer focused leadership approach, motivating and driving your team to provide memorable customer experiences;
- The ability to ensure park compliance, maintenance, including equipment safety, cleanliness and presentation are all maintained to the standards required and improvements are managed;
- The ability to ensure compliance with WHS including safety, fire, and activity regulations.
How to Apply
To apply, press the APPLY NOW button and attach your resume, and most importantly, a cover letter outlining your experience/qualifications.